Wednesday, June 17, 12:42 PM
I didn’t realise how much I missed Asri, till I was misty eyed with tears at Bishan interchange yesterday. Back when we were together, he would bring me there all the time. Cus that’s where he plays street soccer, that’s where his parents live, that’s where his god-bros and sis hang out every Friday for their dinner sessions, that’s also where they invited me into their family.
I miss him buying breakfast to my place and feeding me, then cuddling and watching TV till it was time for work. I miss combing my fingers through his hair. I miss his cheeky smile. I miss him driving my family around. I miss walking through the quiet streets at night with him. I miss quarrelling with him, and bursting into laughter midway cus it’s stupid. I miss whispering “I love you” to him when I’m sleepy. I miss him telling me I’m beautiful when I’ve just gotten out of bed. I miss how he always knows what to do when I can’t decide. I miss him pressing his nose against my sofa while he snores and sleeps. I miss talking to his son on the phone about his school performance –he was playing the drummer in a skit. I even miss the other two younger ones wailing in the background while I talk to Asri.
I took the same route, we walked many times holding hands, keeping a look out for him. Even waiting for the bus, I kept looking towards the blocks and the coffee shop he frequents, hoping to just catch a glimpse of him. So bloody pathetic right.
But meeting the girls totally took my mind off him. My girls, and the food. The food was beeeeaaaa-uuuuu-teeeee-fuuuull!
I think the superheroes should just hold a huge wedding and marry each other. Hahahaha. Cus I can't help going on and on about you guys!