Friday, December 11, 10:00 PM
Kite-Flying
We were to have Oral Communication tutorial today, but Hayma cancelled it, so the class didn't hesitate in making plans for the day.
Everyone wracked their brains to think of what movies to watch, we even had a mass conversation on msn. After a bit, we decided we'd have a kite-flying cum picnic session instead WHICH WAS A SUCCESS! :D
On the attendance list (in chronological order, according to who I met first):
Sammisaurus,
Hwei Teng,
Edwin,
I bumped into my friend at Cold Storage! It was a pleasant surprise. The poor boy once got into a bike accident and lost all his teeth, he has beautiful veneers on now, I'm so happy for him! :D
Rafidah,
Mas,
Cine,
Dilly,
Amelia,
& Serene.
We got a tad too much food from Cold Storage, then walked down to the field next to Anchorvale CC/Stadium. I'm assuming everyone didn't eat before meeting, because when we got there, everyone were reluctant to get off the mat even when the kites were taken out. And then when the kites were in the air, they sat and ate with the kite anchored to their toes.
I can definitely see us planning another one of these sessions again, BUT later in the day. It hurt to keep watch of our kites earlier because of the glaring sun, it was crazy. Our kites got tangled a couple of times too, and once, in the process of detangling our kites, Edwin occurred an injury, and I fell to my knees and hands. Hahahaha.
We waited out for the sunset, and it was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! It looked like the sun was setting behind mountains, and Sam was so indignant that it was impossible. In between, we played charades, played with a bug and tried to figure out how to set Raf's camera on self-timer mode. We captured awesome, awesome photos!
Getting back to kite-flying, I think I have talent in that area :D Much unlike Dilly, who almost flew my kite into a tree, before it nose-dived onto the road. At least Serene managed to maneuver it past a lamp post and a traffic light, across the road.