Sunday, December 6, 10:03 PM
Social Work
Like last month, I went down to York Hill and Bukit Merah to join Lotus Light in distributing food. Really, there were a whole load of volunteers, and I felt it wouldn't make a difference if I weren't there anyway. But it felt good anyways, to see the elderly smiling after receiving the hamper.
When the distribution was over, there was a little debrief, sorta? And then there was discussion on how to further improve service currently rendered to the elderly to prevent certain problems. Say,:
1) An elderly died alone at home, and was only discovered when volunteers went there to deliver food.
2) A lady fell and hit her head in the toilet while trying to put on her pants- she was going to work. She was only discovered 24hrs after death.
3) They don't come to the void deck food distribution because they have mobility problems.
Pretty sad, ain't it? :(
ANYWAYS
I just got another hair cut! It's the shortest my hair has ever been since my hair was just starting to grow from my foetal-bald head. Hahaha. I reckon it's gonna be mixed feelings about my hair tomorrow when everyone sees it cus I haven't told anyone about it yet. Hehehe. How exciting!
(I doubt anyone would visit my blog before tomorrow?)